- Project: CAP La Mina.
- Location: Sant Adrià del Besòs (Barcelona – Spain).
- Year: 2017.
- Furniture type:
- Clinical furniture.
- Furniture for shooting gallery (or drug consumption room).
- Hospital logistics.
We took care of placing the furniture for the new Primary Care Center (PCC or CAP) in the La Mina neighborhood of Sant Adrià del Besòs (Barcelona) during the third quarter of 2017. This CAP is the largest we have equipped and one of the largest built in Catalonia. As a feature to highlight there is the fact that it has furniture for shooting gallery and needle exchange.
It is worth mentioning that in the same PCC building two services share space: the usual outpatient services, with an annexed area totally differentiated with the services of a shooting gallery. Each has its own access to the building. The new CAP at La Mina has several floors and numerous offices for medical use (extraction rooms, warehouses for medication equipped with RFID technology, etc.), all equipped with INCOTRON-EYMASA furniture.
Furniture for shooting gallery or needle exchange
With this new centre, the PCC of La Mina fulfills a dual social service: providing a safe and hygienic environment for addicts, and avoiding the occupation of public spaces, and providing continuous health care. In addition to this, the new equipment replaces the old centre of La Mina that was made with prefabricated modules.
In the PCC of La Mina there’s a specific room for venopuncture and, separated from the previous one, another room only for smokers. We equipped both rooms with furniture for shooting gallery, which has three characteristics:
- The furniture is custom made.
- They have a vandal-proof design because they are anchored to the floor and/or wall, and prevents users from damaging themselves.
- The material used in this needle exchange and drop-in centre is stainless steel of special thicknesses.
- Each venipuncture table preserves the privacy of each user and has a collection area of used guns with security locker for exclusive access for healthcare personnel.
If this project is interesting for you and you think we can help you, contact us and we will advise you without obligation.